ROV EXTRACTOR AND EVALUATOR
ROV EXTRACTOR AND EVALUATOR
ROV EXTRACTOR & ROV EVALUATOR software is brought to you by Real Options Valuation, Inc. and is meant to work with Excel 2007 and later. This software is meant to be used inside of Microsoft Excel 2007 to extract an existing model into pure mathematical relationships and code such that the model can be run outside of Excel. By running the extracted model, several items are accomplished, namely:
- All of the business intelligence and relationships are maintained but will no longer be visible to the end-user, allowing the model creator to safely and securely distribute the model without losing control of any intellectual property or company secrets.
- A large model that can take a long time to run in Excel can now be run at extremely fast speeds in the lifted model.
- Large-scale Monte Carlo Risk Simulations with a large number of trials can be performed at very high speeds.
- The extracted model can be locked using an RSA 1028 encryption (military-strength protection) and can only be accessible using the correct password.
- Large models with many irrelevant parts are identified, and you can identify the main key inputs and outputs you wish to have modeled. For instance, in a model such as A+B+C=D, B+E=F, and if F is chosen as the key output, only B and E are relevant. This ability decreases the computational time for the model by identifying critical inputs, and the model can then be optimized to run even faster once the model thread is identified.
- The large Excel model can now be turned into a calculator-like environment, where all the end user has to do is enter in the inputs and obtain the outputs. Imagine it as akin to creating a very large Visual Basic function in Excel, but instead of a simple function with several lines of computations, this function is an entire Excel workbook with many interconnected worksheets.
- The extracted model cannot be changed by the end user and this restriction maintains a strict quality control and prevents malicious tampering or accidental breakage of the model (e.g., equations and functions with broken links, wrong functions and calculations, etc).
- The extracted file can also be used by third-party software applications in a Component Based Modeling environment. For instance, the end user might have his or her own software or database with predefined calculations. The extracted file is linked into and is a part of this existing proprietary system. This proprietary system simply obtains the inputs to link into the extracted file and the extracted model will perform the computations at high speed and return the required outputs.
The system requirements for the software include:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Excel 2010 or 2007 (older versions of Excel are not supported)
- 300MB free hard drive space
- 1GB RAM minimum
- Others: Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework or later, VS Runtime, Microsoft Installer, and so forth
Please note that the .NET Framework 3.5 is included in the installation setup file, where the installer will first check your system, identify any missing prerequisites (e.g., .NET Framework 3.5, Microsoft Installer, VS Runtime, and other components), and automatically install them before installing the ROV Extractor and Evaluator software.
The ROV Extractor and ROV Evaluator software allows you to extract the model into a file that runs completely outside of Excel (extracted into EXP files) where all of its calculations are hidden and protected. This ROV Extractor and Evaluator software complements the ROV Compiler software such that a large model that can take a long time to run in Excel can now be run at extremely fast speeds in the lifted EXP model. Large scale Monte Carlo Risk Simulations with large numbers of trials can be performed at very high speed.
If you wish to extract the model into a self-executable (EXE) file that runs inside Excel but has all of its calculations hidden and protected and that can be licensed as its own software application, please use the ROV Compiler software instead. The ROV Compiler software complements this ROV Extractor and Evaluator software and is built by the same company.
TRIAL AND ACADEMIC VERSIONS
ROV Extractor and Evaluator can be downloaded immediately from our website with a default 10 day trial license. Our philosophy is that you get to try before you buy. Once you use it, we are convinced you will fall in love with the simplicity and the power of the tool, and it will become an indispensible part of your modeling toolbox.